Research is at the core of Brainware University to keep with the various advancements worldwide and implement them in our courses to keep them contemporary, industry relevant and cutting edge. Brainware University has been recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) under the scheme on Recognition of Scientific and Industrial Research Organizations (SIROs), 1988 from 27th March, 2020 to 31st March, 2022.
From experiments, app making, data analyses, digital research, research project experimentations, theoretical analyses, BWU faculty along with its students are involved in research that offers hands-on experience in varied fields. The faculty along with the students are involved in research in areas like IoT, green and sustainable technologies, biomedical engineering, nanotechnology, AI and other cutting-edge areas. The University has collaborated with other institutes to learn as well as share knowledge among faculty as well as students.
An active “Research and Development (R & D) Cell” chaired by Dr Shankar Gangopadhyay aims to nurture research culture among the students and faculty members by encouraging research in newly emerging and challenging areas of Education and in multidisciplinary fields. The cell processes all projects, conducts activities that streamlines the process of applying for projects and receiving grants from various agencies, conducts meetings and seminars to make the faculty aware of the current research and projects available. All this enhances the general research capability of budding technocrats by way of participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc. The following are some of the objectives of the Cell:
- To frame/update the research and development guidelines from time-to-time.
- To foster interest and atmosphere among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registering in PhD programmes for those who haven’t acquired the degree;
- To encourage staff members and students to publish a well-researched and original papers in National and reputed International Conferences/Journals;
- To undertake research activities and development projects offered by agencies such as NCTE, UGC;
- To maintain and disseminate current information about relevant research areas and initiatives in government, in the professions and in relevant industries, including external funding opportunities;
- To work with various departments to establish and develop faculty research priorities in interdisciplinary areas; and
- To coordinate faculty level workshops and staff development activities on research-related issues.
- To facilitate for faculty incentive schemes for boosting their performance in research-driven activities.
Brainware University offers its students a multidisciplinary approach to research and also provides wider avenues of research.
Some of the key areas of intellectual pursuit from different departments are as below: