Top Free Online Learning Portals for Students
A number of online platforms are offering online courses to sharpen the skill set of the aspirants.
Particularly when the topic is education the internet has a lot to offer and the resources are endless. Many high-quality sites are completely free and provide quality education.
In 2021, online is the new offline. And online education is opening a new dimension for all where learning is no more bound within the four walls of conventional classrooms.
Post-Covid 19, as the world is coming up with the new normal, the online mode of education has taken a 180-degree and successfully transformed itself into an entirely new model of education.
Let’s have a look at a few of the platforms which provide online education
1. Udemy– It offers courses for categories like business, design, marketing, etc. There is no need to have any prequalification to take any course on Udemy.
2. Coursera– It is a free learning site that offers MOOCs (massive open online courses) courses from well-known universities. All Coursera courses contain pre-recorded video lectures that one can watch according to his/her convenience.
3. LinkedIn Learning– With over 16,000+ online courses, LinkedIn Learning is a boon for job seekers and working professionals alike, taught by experts in the field. The first month of this paid subscription presents a great learning opportunity and also the service is free.
From beginner to advanced, courses are delivered by high-quality video and range in expertise. As one completes courses relevant to the field, he/she can add these to the LinkedIn resume and demonstrate to prospective employers that he/she is proactive about learning.
4. Skillshare – A learning platform with an equally well-designed app and 26,000+ courses. The video content is of excellent quality. It distinguishes itself by offering hands-on projects and community-based learning.
5. Khan Academy– The free platform can be used for learners and teachers. It includes lots of learning exercises. One can find the resources of this site online as well as on the app.
Khan Academy’s content is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and more. It offers built-in video lectures and speeches which are hosted on YouTube.
The platforms enable and you to learn the best free online courses, using the most effective tool, i.e internet. The advantage of these online platforms are:
- They help to learn courses at comfortable places and paces
- The courses of these websites are generally offered by top universities of the world
- Without much investment, one can learn a specific subject
- To increase knowledge, these websites offer many audio, video, articles, and e-books.
Content By: Brainware University