Future Scope in Medical Laboratory Technology: Course Details, Career Prospects and more
The growth of career in Allied Health Sciences has been massive in India in the last few decades. The healthcare industry has also evolved a lot and turned out to be one of the most emerging domains. Out of those, Medical Lab Technology is one of the courses that are in demand. Those whose ambition is to play an important role in the healthcare industry can definitely take up Medical Lab Technician program.
According to a report, ” Medical lab technician jobs are expected to increase by 13 percent through 2026.” The rising demand for skilled professionals has assured great career prospects for aspiring students. To become well-equipped to excel in the emerging field, you must pursue the programme at a good college/university. There are a number of Medical Lab Technology colleges in Kolkata but before selecting any particular college, you need to know more about the Medical Lab Technician program.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria to pursue MLT program?
A. The candidate must score 55% marks or equivalent grade in ’10+2′ examination. He should also possess individual pass marks in both theory and practical in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Q.What are the topics covered in the program?
A. Basically, MLT covers the mentioned topics and more.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Genetics & Molecular Biology
- General Biochemistry
- Medical Mycology and Virology
- Medical Parasitology & Entomology
- General Pathology And Microbiology
- Basic Hematology
- Blood Banking & Blood Transfusion
- Fundamentals of Histopathology
- Immunology & Bacterial Serology
- Applied Histology
Q.Is it a fully lab-based subject?
A.Even if not, MLT program requires a lot of laboratory exposure of course after a certain number of theory-based classes.
Q.Is internship mandatory to get a job?
A.An internship makes you industry-ready. The internship will help you to gather practical knowledge as well as it make you acquainted with the industry even before your employment. In other words, an internship will be helpful for you.
Q.What are the possible job roles after pursuing MLT?
A.The possible job roles and employment areas are mentioned after pursuing MLT program are mentioned below:
- Laboratory technician in government and private hospitals
- Laboratory technician in blood banks, pathology laboratories
- Lab supervisor
- Lab manager
- Lab assistant
- Lab analyst
Q.From where to pursue Medical Lab Technician program?
A.If you are looking for Medical Lab Technology colleges in Kolkata, then Brainware University is going to be a trusted name.
The university offers:
- BSc in Medical Lab Technology
- BSc in Medical Lab Technology – LE
Q.Why choose Brainware University?
A.Brainware University offers:
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with laboratories for advanced research
- Fully equipped medical labs where services and facilities like PH meter, Hot air oven, Rotary Shaker, Electric balance, Magnetic stirrer, Centrifuge, Spirometer are available
- Special focus on practical approach
- Masterclasses and mentoring by top healthcare professionals
- Hands-on training at hospitals and internship
- Intensive pre-placement training from day one
360-degree placement training and assistance (98% placed in 2021)
If you want to excel in the healthcare domain and become a professional, Brainware University will surely guide you from the beginning to the end.