FAQs and their answers on MBA in hospital management by one of the top MBA colleges in Kolkata
The healthcare sector is huge in India and abroad. While doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are its backbone, there is a huge need for skilled business executives who understand emerging technologies and shifting trends. An MBA in Hospital Management helps prepare tomorrow’s skilled business executives. The course gives students a deep understanding of healthcare as well as the management principles. To help you understand what an MBA in hospital management is and what its scope, here we answer some of the most frequently asked questions:
Question 1: Where can I study MBA in hospital management in Kolkata?
Answer: Brainware University is among the top MBA colleges in Kolkata. Our School of Management and Commerce offers the 2-year MBA in Hospital Management programme. We offer quality state-of-the-art learning infrastructure to students on a global campus. Our 360-degree placement assistance programme helps the students to prepare for placements. Here we share some of the reasons to pursue Brainware University’s MBA hospital management:
- We offer merit-based scholarships and study grants
- We have state-of-the-art infrastructure with modern labs for advanced research
- Our intensive pre-placement training from day one.
- We conduct mock interviews and written examinations for students
- We have several university-hospital tie-ups for hands-on training and internship, which helps students a lot
- We have experienced healthcare industry professionals as faculty
If you have any doubts or queries about the course, our trained academic counsellors are there to help you. To know more about our admission and MBA course fees in Kolkata, contact us at 7044447723.
Question 2: What is an MBA in hospital management?
Answer: It is a 2 year MBA course with a specialisation in hospital management where students will be taught to become responsible hospital administrators who will take care of healthcare services offered by the hospital. They will also learn to build a bond of trust between the hospital and its patients.
Question 3: What is the scope for MBA in Hospital Management?
Answer: After completing MBA in hospital management, students can work as:
- Medical Entrepreneurship
- Chief Health Officer
- Hospital Administrator
- Pharmaceutical Project Manager
- Patient Advocate
- Health Services Managers and Administrators
- Health Information Administrator
- Policy Analyst or Researcher
- Director of Voluntary Services
Question 4: What is the eligibility to get admission in MBA hospital management?
Answer: To get admission in Brainware University’s MBA in hospital management students need 40% marks or equivalent grade in graduation in any discipline.
Question 5: What is taught in MBA hospital management ?
Answer: This is a 2-year course and during the 4 semesters the syllabus will cover the following subjects:
- Health economics
- Hospital organisation and management theory
- Health Insurance and Medical Tourism
- Hospital Equipment Management
- Hospital Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Consultancy Management
- Inventory Control and Purchase Management(ICPM)
- Management and Environmental Health
- Hospital Financial Management
- Legal & Medical Issues in Hospital
- Hospital Planning
- Operations Research and Research
Question 6: Can I work in a hospital after MBA?
Answer: Yes, students can work in a hospital after doing an MBA in hospital management. After completing this you can work in the management department of a hospital.